Ricoh has released a firmware update, version 2.40, for its fixed focus, rangefinder-style camera, the GR Digital II.
The firmware adds the following features:
- Playing Back Still Images: When you switch from a shooting mode to the playback mode, the camera shows the last picture when you played back at the last time.
- One Push Zoom with the ADJ: Lever:When you playback a still image, you can enlarge the still image with one push by pressing the ADJ. lever.
- Zoom Ratio of the ADJ. Lever: You can set the zoom ratio for the one push zoom with the ADJ. lever.
- Play Mode Dial to Switch the Functions of the ADJ. Lever and the Up-down Dial: You can choose a setting option of the ADJ. lever and the Up-down dial at the playback mode.
- M Mode Dial to Switch the Functions of the ADJ. Lever and the Up-down Dial: You can change the functions between the ADJ. lever and the Up-down dial at the M mode.
The firmware also addresses the following issue:
- Modifies the problem that, when using long time exposure, the orientation information (horizontal or vertical) of the image may not be recorded correctly.
Additional information, update instructions and the download link can be found at Ricoh's website.