Announced today, the Casio Exilim EX-Z1000 digital camera features a 10.1 megapixel sensor in a very compact camera with 2.8 inch wide format LCD and 3x optical zoom. The Z1000 is expected to be available in June at an MSRP of $399.
(view large image)
A 1/1.8 inch CCD imager captures an effective 10.1 megapixels. If you're willing to handle the image file size (up to approximately 4.2MB), you'll be able to print very large images with all those pixels.
The 2.8 inch, wide format LCD features 230,400 pixels of resolution. The "Wide and Bright" display also features a maximum brightness of 1200cd/m2 to allow it to be more visible in bright sunlight. (There is no optical viewfinder).
(view large image)
Other features included on the Z1000:
- BEST SHOT function with high-sensitivity shooting mode, up to a maximum of ISO 3200.
- Anti Shake DSP, which is built into the EXILIM Engine image processor, reduces blurring due to unsteady hands or moving subjects.
- Rapid Flash function enables up to three shots per second, enabling high-speed flash photography.
- Fast power-on function, so the first shot can be taken just 1.3 seconds after switching on.
- Release time lag of only approximately 0.002 seconds.
- Super Life Battery allows up to 360 shots to be taken, measured by CIPA standards.
- Zoom Continuous Shutter mode allows the user to compare a wide angle and a telephoto shot in the same display and to take both shots simultaneously with only one press of the shutter button
- Revive Shot refreshes the faded colors of old photos, bringing them back to life in digital format.
- Quick Zoom feature enables instant switch to a preset zoom ratio with just one touch of a button.37 different types of BEST SHOT sample images. Users can choose one of these samples to make sure their photos come out just right.
- Quick Shutter function allows for fast focusing, reducing focusing error.
- Auto Macro mode allows for automatic switching between auto focus mode and macro mode.
- 9-Point Multi AF function clearly shows areas of auto focus when photographing subjects with multiple focus points.
- Direct On function allows users to press a single button to quickly start the camera in either shooting or playback mode.
- Multi-function cradle can be used to recharge the battery, connect to a PC to download images, and connect to audiovisual equipment. The cradle also functions as a photostand, allowing users to view an image slideshow
- Effective Pixels: 10.10 million Imaging Element: 1/1.8-inch square pixel color CCD (total pixels: 10.37 million)
- Image File Format: Still images: JPEG (Exif Version 2.2), DCF standard, DPOF compliant
- Movies: Motion JPEG, AVI format
- Audio: WAV (monaural)
- Recording Media: Built-in flash memory (image area: 8.0MB), SD Memory Card/ MultiMediaCard compatible
- Image Size (Pixels): Still images: 3648 x 2736, 3648 x 2432 (3:2), 3648 x 2048 (16:9), 2560 x 1920, 2048 x 1536, 1600 x 1200, 640 x 480
- Movies: 640 x 480 (HQ), 640 x 480 (Normal), 320 x 240 (LP)
- Lens/Focal Distance F2.8 to 5.4, f=7.9 to 23.7mm (equivalent to approximately 38 to 114mm on a 35mm film camera), 7 lenses in 5 groups, including aspherical lens
- Zoom 3X optical zoom, 4X digital zoom (Image size: 3648 x 2736 pixels, 12X in combination with optical zoom)
- Focusing Contrast Detection Auto Focus,
- Focus Modes: Auto Focus, Macro Mode, Pan Focus (movie recording only), Infinity Mode, Manual Focus
- AF Area: Spot or Multi; with AF assist lamp
- Approximate Focus Range Auto Focus: 15.75" to 8, Macro: 2.36" to 19.69", Infinity Mode: 8, Manual Focus: 2.36" to 8
- Exposure Control: Metering: Multi-pattern, center weighted, spot by imaging element
- Exposure: Program AE
- Exposure Compensation: -2EV to +2EV (in 1/3EV steps)
- Shutter CCD shutter, mechanical shutter,
- Still images (Auto): 1/2 to 1/2000 second (at ISO 50), Still images (night scene): 4 to 1/2000 second (at ISO 50) *Shutter speed range may be different depending on the BEST SHOT scene or sensitivity setting.
- Aperture: F2.8/F5.6, auto switching
- White Balance: Auto, fixed (6 modes), manual
- Sensitivity: Still images: Auto, ISO50, ISO100, ISO200, ISO400,
- Movies: Auto
- Recording Functions: Still images; still images with audio (maximum around 30 seconds); macro; self-timer; continuous shutter (normal speed, high speed, rapid flash, zoom continuous), BEST SHOT, movies with audio, voice recording
- Self-timer: 10 seconds, 2 seconds, Triple Self-timer
- Built-in Flash: Flash Modes: Auto, On, Off, Soft Flash, Red Eye Reduction
- Flash Range: approx. .33' to 11.81' (W), approx. 1.31' to 6.23' (T)
- Flash Continuous Shutter: approx. 1.97' to 6.89' (W), approx. 1.31' to 3.61' (T)
- Monitor Screen: 2.8-inch TFT color LCD (14:9), 230,400 pixels (960 x 240)
- Timekeeping Functions: Date and time: Recorded with image data;
- Auto Calendar: To 2049
- On-image time stamp function
- World Time 162 cities in 32 time zones, City name, date, time, summer time
- Input/Output Terminals: USB cradle connector, USB2.0 (Full-Speed) compatible
- Power Requirements: Rechargeable lithium ion battery (NP-40) x 1
- Battery life: Approx. 360 still images (CIPA Standards)
- Dimensions: 3.62" (W) x 2.30" (H) x .88" (D) (excluding projections, .78" at thinnest part)
- Weight: Approximately 4.9 oz (excluding battery and accessories)
- Bundled Accessories: Rechargeable lithium ion battery, USB cradle, USB cable, AV cable, Special AC adaptor, strap, CD-ROM