REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (August 10, 2005) Responding to customers' requests for more options to preserve and share memories, Shutterfly, Inc., the leading independent e-commerce company specializing in digital photo products and services, today introduced PhotoShow DVD, a product that enables customers to transform their favorite photos into an entertainment experience.
With PhotoShow DVD, Shutterfly enables customers to be the producer of their own multimedia slideshow by helping them pair their pictures with music, visual transitions and special effects. Slideshows are easy to design directly on the Shutterfly website and customers are not required to download special software as part of the order process. Customers and their families can enjoy their DVD slideshow on their televisions in the comfort of their living room or on their personal computers.
Shutterfly's PhotoShow DVD is perfect for commemorating special events or for creating a one-of-a-kind gift. Consumers can select one of six "styles" such as Wedding, Baby, Travel, Party, Simple (a perfect showcase for everyday shots) or Memories (ideal for an anniversary or a year in review). Each style includes a recommended selection of the following effects:
- Music such as blues, classical, country, jazz, rock, holiday, pop and electric
- Transitions between pictures, such as fades, pinwheels, stars, bubbles and mixes
- Borders for pictures, such as roses for Wedding, stamps for Travel, streamers for Party & more
- Credits to introduce and end the slideshow
To create a PhotoShow DVD, choose "DVD" in the Shutterfly Store and follow these simple steps:
1. Choose a style to compliment your favorite pictures (up to 400)
2. Customize the title and effects (optional)
3. Preview slideshow
4. Personalize the design of the keep case cover with the title, and pictures
5. Select delivery method (i.e. mail back to you or straight to friends and family members) and customize with a gift message, if applicable
Shutterfly's PhotoShow DVDs are available for $19.99 through August 17. Following the introductory sale, DVDs will be regularly priced at $24.99.
As with all Shutterfly photo products, the company's wide assortment of image editing enhancements (e.g. cropping and red-eye removal) can be applied to each picture for no additional charge, making Shutterfly's PhotoShow DVD more distinctive and memorable.
For more information on Shutterfly's PhotoShow DVDs, please visit www.shutterfly.com/dvds