Got a great photo taken with your point-and-shoot that you want to show off? Want to win a Sony Cyber-shot T200, this year’s hot touch screen ultra-compact? DigitalCameraReview.com is giving you an opportunity to do both in our Point-and-Shoot Photo Contest.
As a site devoted largely to mainstream camera users, DCR wants to show off the range of great photos that can be taken with point-and-shoot cameras. For this contest, the photo subject can be anything: people, places, or things. The only requirement is that your entry must be taken with a digital camera, and can’t be taken with an SLR (for more details, see the Contest Rules below).
Votes from our forum members will decide the winning photo – all registered users will be eligible to select their favorite photo when voting opens. The contest gallery is now open for your photo submissions, and will remain open until Friday, February 1 at 5 p.m. EST. At this time, we will close the gallery to new entries and open up the voting. For more information on important dates and how to enter, see below.
As mentioned, the winner will receive a like-new, in-box Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T200 from our test unit stockpile.
(view large image)
The T200 is an ultra-compact 8.1 megapixel camera with a 3.5-inch touch screen interface and a 5x optical zoom. For more information on this popular camera, check out our Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T200 review.
The winning photo and two runners up will also be published in a contest wrap-up story on DigitalCameraReview.com.
Entering the contest is simple:
- Head to the main DigitalCameraReview.com photo gallery page. It’s at forum.digitalcamerareview.com/photos/
- Click on the "Upload Photos" link on the upper-righthand navigation menu.
- Under Category, select "Point-and-Shoot Photo Contest."
- Click "Browse" to find the photo you wish to enter from your computer. Please note that each user may submit only one photo for this contest.
- Click "Upload/Submit" to enter your photo!
It’s that easy. To do all of this, you’ll need to be a registered member of our forums. You can sign up for free at forum.digitalcamerareview.com if you haven’t already.
We can’t wait to see your photos. Good luck!
Contest Rules and Additional Information
- The Point-and-Shoot Photo Contest is open to DigitalCameraReview.com forum members only. Each member may submit only one photo, and may vote only once. If multiple photos are submitted by a single user, only the first submission will be accepted; all other photos will be removed.
- Photos may not be submitted for consideration after Friday, February 1 at 5 p.m. EST. Voting will be locked out until February 1, 5 p.m. EST, at which point it will open and remain open until Friday, February 8 at 5 p.m. EST. Votes received after this time will not be counted.
- The photo receiving the most user votes when voting closes will be named the winner. The second and third place finishers will be officially recognized as runners up, as outlined above. In the event of a tie, one of the DigitalCameraReview.com editors will cast the tie-breaking vote.
- For the purposes of this contest, a "point-and-shoot" is broadly defined as any digital camera that does not use interchangeable lenses.
- In order to confirm that all contest photos meet the point-and-shoot requirement, when submitting your photo please make sure that it is a JPEG file and includes EXIF data. Files without EXIF data will be removed. (If you don’t know what EXIF data is, don’t worry: your camera automatically records it, and it’s highly unlikely that it could be removed/modified by accident.)
- For more information, email us at email@example.com.
More Legal Words
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, AND NO OBLIGATION OF ANY KIND IS IMPLIED. THIS GIVE-AWAY IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. PARTICIPATION CONSTITUTES ENTRANT’S FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT TO AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. THIS IS A TRADE PROMOTION ONLY, AND THE GIVE-AWAY IS OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS IN THE UNITED STATES WHO MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS DETAILED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of TechTarget, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of such persons are not eligible to participate in the give-away event.
HOW TO ENTER:
One person will be chosen by the DigitalCameraReview.com audience as the winner. This person must submit a correctly completed entry and will receive one (1) Sony Cyber-shot T200 digital camera as mentioned above. The winner will be notified by e-mail on or around February 8, 2008. Conduct of the give-away and selection of the winner is in TechTarget’s sole discretion, and the decision is final and binding. TechTarget will be the sole arbiter in any dispute. Prizes are non-transferable/non-saleable. All Federal, Provincial, State, and/or local taxes related to the prizes awarded are the sole responsibility of the winner. No alternative prize, cash equivalent, or other substitution is permitted.
TechTarget is not responsible for, and shall not be liable for, late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify any winner. The winner may be required to sign and return a liability release, declaration or affidavit of eligibility, and, where lawful, a publicity consent agreement, all within fifteen (15) days of notice as a condition of receiving the prize. By accepting and/or using the prize, the winner agrees to TechTarget’s use of winner’s name, voice, and/or likeness for the purpose of advertising, trade or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration/affidavit or release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.
By participating, entrants agree that TechTarget, its agents and representatives, and give-away event entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for:
- electronic hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failure or difficulties of any kind;
- failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions;
- any condition caused by events beyond the control of TechTarget that may cause the give-away event to be disrupted or corrupted;
- any hardware or software compatibility problems; or
- any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the event.
TechTarget reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the event at any time if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security or proper play of the give-away event.
By participating in the event, each entrant agrees to release and hold TechTarget, its shareholders, officers, agents and representatives and event entities harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the give-away event, acceptance possession or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and TechTarget in connection with give-away event, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard to the conflict of laws rules that would cause the laws of any other jurisdiction to apply.