Tiffen has upgraded its Photo fx Ultra photo enhancement software for Apple’s iPad, increasing the file resolution for better image quality and adding improvements to the user interface to make better use of the iPad platform.
The Photo fx Ultra’s file resolution has been increased from 2048 pixels to 3072×3072 pixels, which improves the overall image quality on the iPad’s larger viewing screen. The application also includes a new Color Correct filter, additional presets, and compatibility with Tiffen’s Dfx Digital Filter Suite – which runs as a standalone application or plug-in for Adobe Photoshop and Apple Aperture, said a Tiffen spokesman.
The software was released in June and is reportedly the #3 application for the iPad, said Tiffen.
In addition to standard editing, cropping and rotating abilities, the applications features:
- 68 filters, organized into seven different filter groups
- 65 different color or black and white film views
- A library of 50 different textures and patterns
- A natural lighting effect using 117 different patterns
- 27 different grain effects to simulate popular motion picture film images
The software also lets iPad users selectively apply filters by painting a mask, and modify filters with sliders, on-screen controls or presets, Tiffen added.
Photo fx Ultra is currently sells at the Apple iTunes store for $5.99.