The new Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T2 is a new large screen, sharing-friendly, portable album, digital camera. It’s an 8 megapixel camera with a stabilized 3x optical zoom and 2.7 inch touch-senstiive LCD. 4 GB of internal storage provides plenty of space to keep your pictures with you. The T2 will be available in blue, green, white, pink or black, starting in December 2007 for around $350.
(view large image)
Sony has really concentrated on the sharing aspects of this camera. In addition to being able to store and view images by date or by event, you can also mark favorites (so they’re easy to find), and you can mark images that you’d like to share later (via the web). When you connect the camera to your computer, the software preloaded on the camera, Sony PMB Portable, will allow you to upload images and movies directly from your camera to popular sharing sites, like Crackle, Flickr, YouTube, Photobucket and Shutterfly.
The touch-sensitive screen removes the need for many buttons, like the Sony T200 that is currently on the market. You will see many of the similar features as well, where you can touch the screen of the area that you’d like to focus on, or zoom in on during playback mode. You’ll find the Smile Shutter mode that doesn’t fire the shutter until it detects smiles on the faces of people in your shots.
(view large image)
Scrapbooking features built into the camera lets you pick from 16 designs in which to view your photos and you can use 8 creative effects to play around with your images. When you’re ready to show your images off and have an HDTV in the room, you can connect the camera to your TV with a HD component cable or HD cradle.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T2 summary specifications:
- 8 megapixels, 1/2.5" CCD
- 3x optical zoom with Super SteadyShot image stabilization system
- 2.7 inch, 230K pixel touch-sensitive LCD
- Face detection
- Movie recording: 640×480@30fps, 640×email@example.com, 320×firstname.lastname@example.org
- Focus: Multi-area, center-weight, flexible spot (via touch panel)
- Shutter speed range: 1 – 1/1000 second (program auto mode)
- White balance: Auto, daylight, cloudy, fluorescent 1, fluorescent 2, fluorescent 3, incandescent
- Metering: Multi-pattern, center-weighted, spot
- ISO range: 80-3200
- Exposure modes: Auto and program auto only
- Scene modes: Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Soft Snap, Landscape, Beach, Snow, Fireworks, High-speed shutter, High Sensitivity, Smile Shutter
- Flash modes: auto, fill flash, disabled, slow synchro
- Focus assist lamp
- Memory media: 4GB internal memory, Memory Stick Duo, Pro Duo, Pro Duo (High Speed), Pro-HG Duo
- Power: Lithium-ion battery (NP-BD1)
- Dimensions: 86.8mm x 56.8mm x 20.2mm