Panasonic announces firmware version 2.0 for the Lumix LX5 today. Owners of the advanced compact can expect boosts to auto focus performance and all of the following upgrades from the new firmware:
- Redesigned algorithm to speed up auto focus
- Noise reduction at ISO 1600 and 3200
- Updates to Auto White Balance performance in low light
- New image stabilization function to keep video still when shooter is walking
- Shutter speed limit extended to 250 seconds from 60
This firmware will be available from Panasonic beginning September 13 2011. For more information, visit Panasonic’s website.