In the midst of 8 new Lumix digital cameras from Panasonic, they’re also updating the LZ line and an LS model. The Lumix DMC-LZ7, Lumix DMC-LZ6, and Lumix DMC-LS70 all feature what Panasonic is calling Intelligent Image Stabilization. Intelligent Image Stabilization is accomplished with the combination of optical image stabilization to counteract camera shake and Intelligent ISO Control to counteract subject movement. All of the new Lumix models include this technology.
The LZ7 and LZ6 are very similar, except for differences in LCD size. They’re both 7.2 megapixel cameras with 6x optical zooms. The LZ7 features a 2.5 inch LCD while the LZ6 features a 2 inch LCD.
Both camera also feature the LSI Venus Engine III processor for faster reponse and better image processing. Noise reduction is improved and the processor allows the camera to shoot at up to ISO 1250 in full resolution. Shutter release lag times can be as short as 0.005 seconds and the shutter interval can be as shot as 0.6 seconds. In continuous shooting mode, the TZ3 can take three shots per second at full resolution.
The Lumix DMC-LS70 is a more entry level digital camera, but you still get Panasonic’s optical image stabilization system. The LS70 is a 7.2 megapixel camera, with a 3x optical zoom and a 2 inch LCD.
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 and LZ6 will be available in February for $199 and $179 respectively. The LS70 will also be available in February for $149.
(view large image)
(view large image)
Additional Features of both the LZ7 and LZ6:
- Wide-Aspect VGA Motion Images: Records standard VGA (640 x 480) motion images at 30 frames per second, and each camera records stunning wide-aspect VGA (848 x 480) motion images at 30 frames per second.
- Five Auto Focus Modes: 5-point, 3-point high-speed, 1-point high-speed, 1-point normal-speed, and spot
- 18 scene modes
- Powered by 2 AA batteries. Using Oxyride batteries (which last approx 65% longer than alkalines), the LZ7 can take 250 shots and the LZ6 can take 260 shots
- Dimensions: 3.88 x 2.45 x 1.30 inch
- Easy Zoom: Shifts the lens instantly to full 3x zoom power at the touch of a dedicated button.
- Extra Optical Zoom: Provides additional magnification, extending the zoom power to 4.5x by using the centre part of the CCD.
- Quick Setting: Lets users quickly and easily access and set the functions used most often.
- Date Stamp: Allows users to utilize the Lumix date stamp feature in three ways: (1) Simply stamp the date on photos, (2) Stamp the day of a trip or event on the photos, and (3) For those precious baby photos, stamp the child’s age in months on the image itself.
- Wide-Aspect VGA Motion Images: Records standard VGA (640 x 480) motion images at 30 frames per second, and the LS70 records stunning wide-aspect VGA (848 x 480) motion images at 30 frames per second. These 16:9 motion pictures look extremely impressive on a wide-screen TV.
- Added Scene Modes: Offers a total of 18 scene modes, including the new Pet and Sunset modes, making it easy to get beautiful photos in a range of photographic situations.