Today Nikon announces their newest DSLR, the Nikon D5300. The D5300 offers a 24.2-megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor with no low pass filter (like the D7100), EXPEED 4 image processing, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Here are a few highlights of the camera:
- ISO range of 100 to 12,800 (expandable to ISO 25,600)
- No low pass filer for sharper images
- Expeed 4 Image Processor
- 2,016-pixel RGB metering system
- 39-Point AF
- 5 Frames-Per-Second
- Built-in Wi-Fi and GPS
- Full HD 60p video
- 3.2″ vari-angle screen with 1,037k dot of resolution
- Lightweight (16.9 oz.)
- 9 new special effects like toy camera and HDR painting
- 95% viewfinder
The Nikon D5300 kit with the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens will be available in October 2013 for the suggested retail price of $1,399.95 or body only for $799.95. The Nikon D5300 will be available in Black, Red and Gray.