Nik Software announced that it is shipping Viveza 2, the latest upgrade to its photo editing software. Viveza 2 utilizes Nik Software’s U Point technology that allows precise control over color and light without the need to create complicated selections or layer masks. With U Point technology, users can quickly select areas of an image to adjust by pointing and clicking and then using simple to use mouse-controlled sliders to adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, structure, shadows, red, green, blue, hue, and warmth.
Key features of Viveza 2 include:
- Powerful Color Control Points, enabling precise selective control of color and light
- New global image adjustments
- New and powerful levels and curves adjustments
- New shadow recovery-global or selective
- New fine detail structure enhancements
- Improved color rendering and increased precision of selections
- Improved timesaving user interface, including improved slider controls, slider favorites, multiple zoom states, keyboard nudging, grouped Color Control Points, and multiple undo levels
- Smart Filter support (for Adobe Photoshop)
- Selective Brush tool (for Adobe Photoshop)
- Multi-image support (for Adobe Lightroom and Apple Aperture)
- New 64-bit support on Microsoft Windows
Viveza 2 retails for $199.95. It is available via electronic and boxed delivery directly from Nik Software or through specialty camera retailers. Registered customers who already own Viveza can upgrade for $99.95 at the Nik Software website. Customers who purchased Viveza after September 22, 2009, are eligible for a free upgrade to Viveza 2. To learn more or download a free trial version, visit the Nik Software website.