The Finepix S5 Pro was announced back in September, but Fujifilm has finalized the specifications page and the pricing for this professional level digital SLR. The camera features a Super CCD SR Pro sensor with "double pixel" technology. The 6 million S-pixels and 6 million R-pixels provide a wider dynamic range than standard single pixel design sensors. A wider dynamic range means that the sensor can detect a wider range of light and dark values, allowing for pictures that are well exposed without losing details in darker areas of the image. With the new RP Processor Pro image processor, the camera can also shoot at sensitivities up to ISO 3200.
The S5 Pro also includes Fujifilm’s face detection system that is available "post-capture", when reviewing images. You can check each face in a picture with the single push of a button. When cycling through the faces in an image, the camera automatically zooms in on the face in the LCD so that you can check exposure, focus, and make sure the person wasn’t blinking.
The body of the camera also features weatherproof seals and a shutter mechanism rated for 100,000 cycles.
The Fujifilm Finepix S5 Pro will be available in February 2007 for $1999. For full specs and features, see: http://www.fujifilmusa.com/JSP/fuji/epartners/proPhotoProductS5.jsp
- 12.3MP (6.17 R-megapixels and 6.17 S-megapixels) Super CCD SR Pro sensor
- Three new film simulation modes
- 11 point AF sensor
- 2.5 inch, 230K pixel LCD with 30 second preview mode
- Facial Detection technology (detects up to 10 faces in the frame)
- Metal alloy frame, magnesium alloy body
- Password-protected settings
- Nikon F-Mount for lenses
- ISO range from 100-3200
- Dynamic range settings from 100% to 400%
- RAW+JPEG capture mode
- Lithium-ion battery
- Compact Flash memory media