Fantasea Announces New Underwater Housings for Nikon Cameras
Fantasea has announced several new underwater housings for several Nikon models. They will be available after Jan 1, 2006. The housings have a working depth of 130 feet.
Washington Post Article on Camera Tossing
An up an coming style of digital photography is to capture images while you toss the camera into the air. The Washington Post is carrying an article with a little background and quick interviews with a handful of people are who are into the “movement”.
Basically, you set your camera to a slow shutter speed (they recommend starting at one second), and give it a quick toss in the air. Older cameras with some shutter lag are actually ideal since you can get the camera out of your hand before the camera actually starts to capture the image.
For some great examples, see www.cameratoss.blogspot.com/
To read the article at the Washington Post, head here.
BloggingBaby.com Article on Digital Cameras for Kids
A good article over at BloggingBaby gives a nice rundown on what to look for in digital cameras when buying for a child (from early elementary age up to teens). An entertaining read, the author gives the following categories:
- The He’s-Only-Six-But-He-Wants-A-Camera-Just-Like-Daddy’s Kid
- The She’s-A-Complete-Daredevil-And-Wants-To-Capture-Her-Own-Action Kid
- The He’s-Not-Really-Into-Photography-But-Loves-To-Take-Candids-At-The-Mall Teen
- The She’s-Going-Away-For-The-Summer-By-Herself-For-The-First-Time Teen
- The Will-Probably-Be-A-Pulitzer-Prize-Winning-Journalist-One-Day Teen
For the full article, head to BloggingBaby.com