The contest is now over – congratulations to forum user tokiman for surmising the correct 10 digit serial number!
We are pleased to have the opportunity to give away a brand new Canon Powershot S410. The S410 Digital Elph is a 4 megapixel camera with a 3x optical zoom and it’s in the top 5 best-selling cameras on Amazon.com. It sports a stainless steel body and stores pictures and movies on Compact Flash media – all in a body that is 3.43 x 2.24 x 1.09 inches.
The contest will be modeled on the classic game of Mastermind. The goal is to guess the serial number of the camera that we have. We’ll tell you have many digits there are and we’ll pipe in every once in a while to let you know how many digits you have right and how many are in the right position. The one requirement is that you must be a registered forum user.
Details about the serial number: there are 10 digits, each from 0-9.
Use the “Discuss this story” link at the bottom of this page to place you entry. Good Luck!
- The winner will be the first person to guess the serial number of our S410
- Entries will only be accepted if they are posted to our forums. Please don’t bother emailing guesses, sending in a postcard or any other such nonsense. If you post to the wrong forum, that’s your fault, those guesses won’t be counted either.
- Each entry must be seperated by at least five (5) entries from other people. Once you’ve made a guess, you must wait for five other valid guesses before entering another of your own.
- We will make hints as often as we can. We’ll let you know how many digits are right and in the right spot and how many are just the correct number. We may also get creative with other hints in the high/low format, hot/cold and others to be determined.
- Participants are not to participate in shenanigans or otherwise cheat in the contest. Doing so will make us upset and your guesses will be excluded.
- We reserve the right to make other rules to cover any loopholes as we go.
- The winner must be based in the US or provide a US shipping address.
- You must be 13 or older to participate.
- No whining, this is a fun contest for a free camera, enjoy!