This firmware update offers some serious benefits to Canon 7D shooters, starting with an increase in the maximum number of
frames (from 15 to 25) available in 8 fps RAW burst shooting mode. Full compatibility with the Canon GP-E2 GPS accessory is added, recording the shooter’s latitude, longitude and altitude when enabled. With the new firmware update in place, 7D owners can also expect to see these enhancements:
- Manual audio level adjustment prior to video recording
- The addition of an ISO 100-6400 auto ISO mode
- A new sub-menu allowing for custom file naming
- In-camera RAW file editing, including the ability to convert to JPEG
- The ability to add a star rating to images in playback mode
Don’t start your engines just yet, the firmware upgrade doesn’t become available until August. Check Canon’s 7D firmware page for more information about this update.