Canon Announces Powershot S2 IS Digital Camera
Canon has announced the Canon Powershot S2 IS. This successor to the Powershot S1 IS sports a 5.0 megapixel sensor, 12x optical zoom with Image Stabilization and a DIGIC II processor. The S2 IS will be available in June 2005 for an estimated street price of $499.
The introduction of the DIGIC II processor is sure to excite some folks out there. The new processor allows a focus time 45% faster than the S1 IS and a start up time about 50% faster. The new processor also allows continual shooting at 2.4 frames per second until the memory card fills up. The new processor also increases playback performance and allows the user to take a still picture while shooting in video mode.
- 5.0 megapixels
- 12x optical zoom lens (36 – 432mm, f/2.7 – f/3.5) with Image Stabilization
- 1.8 inch vari-angle LCD
- DIGIC II image processor
- USB 2.0 interface
- Super Macro performance to 0 cm
- 17 still shooting modes, including full manual
- 6 special scene modes
- Stitch Assist
- Video shooting at 30 fps or 15 fps up to 640 x 480 with stereo sound
- My Colors function to apply 9 different color effects in real time while shooting
- Photo-In-Movie function that lets you capture a full resolution picture while shooting in video mode
Full press release in our forums