The month of December saw a minor reshuffling of our Most Popular Digital Cameras list, with interest in budget models continuing to grow. The top three cameras held their spots from November, and Canon continues to dominate five of the ten spots. Interest in the Sony Cyber-shot T200 has remained strong since its release, and the slightly cheaper Sony T70 has continued to climb the list as well.
This list of cameras shows you what visitors of DigitalCameraReview.com looked at over the past month. The rankings are determined by the number of times a particular product page is viewed by our users. The rankings below are from the entire month of December 2007.
For additional help while choosing a camera, you can register for our forums and ask as many questions as you want. If you're looking to buy, the best place to start is our What Camera Should I Buy? forum. If you need help with your current camera, then we have forums for each brand of camera.
|1. Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T200 (previously #1) - The Sony T200 is a follow-up model on the T100 as the flagship model of the ultra-slim T series cameras. The T200 offers 8 megapixel resolution, a 3 inch touch-screen LCD, 5x optical zoom with image stabilization, and HD output. Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T200 Reviews | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T200 User Opinions|
|2. Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 (previously #2) - This 7 megapixel successor to the TZ1 sports a 10x optical zoom with image stabilization in a relatively compact form factor. Panasonic has added new features, like Intelligent ISO control and a new imaging processor for better performance. It also sports a 3 inch screen and has quick operation. Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Reviews | Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 User Opinions|
3. Canon Powershot SD870 IS (previously #3) - The SD870 IS is one of the latest SD cameras from Canon. The SD870 IS offers 8 megapixel resolution, a 3.8x optical zoom, image stabilization, and a 3 inch LCD. Canon Powershot SD870 IS Reviews | Canon Powershot SD870 IS User Opinions
|4. Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T70 (previously #5) - The T70 was announced at the same time as the popular T200 and it's no surprise that it has crept onto the list as a cheaper alternative to the T200. You get 8 megapixel resolution, 3x optical zoom with image stabilization, and a 3 inch touch-senstive screen. Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T70 Reviews | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T70 User Opinions|
5. Kodak EasyShare M753 (first time on list) - The M753 is a basic compact digital camera, offering a 3x optical zoom, a 2.5-inch screen, and 7 megapixels of resolution for a budget price. Kodak EasyShare M753 Reviews | Kodak EasyShare M753 User Opinions
6. Canon Powershot A570 IS (previously #7) - Named Amazon.com's best-selling electronics item of 2007, this popular Canon continues to climb the list for a second month. The A570 is a 7.1 megapixel camera with 4x optical zoom and image stabilization. Canon Powershot A570 IS Reviews | Canon Powershot A570 IS User Opinions
7. Canon Powershot SX100 IS (previously #4) - According to Canon, the SX100 IS is the first model of a new line of Powershot cameras. Similar in function to their more advanced A series cameras, but featuring ultra-zoom functionality (10x optical zoom) - it's really Canon's first compact ultra-zoom. Canon Powershot SX100 IS Reviews | Canon Powershot SX100 IS User Opinions
8. Canon Powershot S5 IS (previously #6) - The Powershot S5 IS has finally overtaken its predecessor. The S5 IS features a stabilized 12x optical zoom, 8 megapixel resolution, a 2.5 inch Vari-Angle LCD, and the DIGIC III processor. Canon's ultra-zoom S series is always one of the most popular ultra-zoom cameras out there. Canon Powershot S5 IS Reviews | Canon Powershot S5 IS User Opinions
|9. Canon Powershot SD1000 (previously #8) - One of the latest additions to Canon's SD line, the SD1000, features 7.1 megapixels of resolution, a 3x optical zoom, 2.5 inch LCD and some retro styling with squared of edges and minimalistic look. The camera also features the DIGIC III processor. Canon Powershot SD1000 Reviews | Canon Powershot SD1000 User Opinions|
|10. Kodak EasyShare C613 (first time on list) - The Kodak Easyshare C613 is a sub-$100, 6.2 megapixel camera with a 3x optical zoom. Kodak EasyShare C613 Reviews | Kodak EasyShare C613 User Opinions|
Falling out of the top 10 most popular cameras from the previous month are the:
For last month's rankings, see Most Popular Digital Cameras of November 2007.
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2015, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement