Simply put, I love what Panasonic has done with the TM700 because it has appeal for different levels of videographer. For pros and videophiles, there are comprehensive manual controls and features. For novices, the TM700 is still accessible with Intelligent Auto and picture control guides. Add fun features like facial recognition and time lapse as well as some of the best video quality I’ve seen and the TM700 seems like a bargain at its $1,000 launch price.
However, there is still room for improvement. I would like to see a larger LCD, more accessible DC input and an HDMI cable included, but these quibbles are minor when compared with everything the TM700 does right.
Bravo Panasonic! Your TM700 earns a coveted “Editor’s Choice” award!
- Offers plenty of manual picture controls but is still accessible for novices
- Superb overall video quality
- Fun and effective features like facial recognition and Intelligent Zoom
- Well-constructed and ergonomically designed
- LCD display could be larger
- Battery must be removed before charging
- No HDMI cable