- Good 1080/60p video
- OIS and Intelligent Zoom work very well
- Intelligent Auto and menus are both user-friendly
- Larger screens expose some graininess/artifacts in video, especially in low light
- No lens ring, missing inputs (shoe, mic jack)
- Zoom mic function is poor
The Panasonic HDC-800 shoots good quality 1080/60p video, but is missing some features you would expect from an $849.99 camcorder.
The Panasonic HDC-SD800 HD Camcorder is part of the new, 4-model HDC series of camcorders from Panasonic, which are the follow-ups to the successful 700 HDC models. Priced at $849.99 — the lowest out of the four new HDC models — the SD800 offers a competitive price for great HD video at 60 fps, but is also lacking in some respects, proving that you get what you pay for.