The amazingly small, ultra-slim, and lightweight Panasonic SVAV50 is ready to capture your favorite moments in digital video and still photos wherever you roam. You can also use the SVAV50 as a digital audio player, voice recorder, and image viewer through your TV (using the included cradle). The SVAV50 is so small because it uses no tape–all video, images, and audio are stored on a tiny Secure Digital (SD) memory card. It also features 2-megapixel digital still resolution, 2-inch flip-and-twist LCD for reviewing your video and photos, and 2.5x digital zoom. This model (SVAV50A) comes in blue, but the SVAV50 is also available in silver (SVAV50S).
Video and Still Optics
Using the MPEG4 format, the SVAV25 saves video to Secure Digital (SD) and MultiMedia (MMC) memory cards (an 8 MB SD card is included). With the small size of MPEG4 files–featuring resolution modes of either 320 x 240 or 176 x 144–you can easily post video to your Web site or send files to friends and family via e-mail.
The D-snap cradle is equipped with an A/V terminal that makes it easy to connect to a TV or VCR and record TV programs onto an SD card. Using the SVAV50 for playback, you can watch the news, a movie, or other programs just about anywhere.
The following shows the approximate amount of continuous video that can be recorded on several sizes of SD memory card (including larger optional cards):
- Super Fine (320 x 240, 1 Mbps): 0.9 minutes (included 8 MB card), 7 minutes (64 MB card), 15 minutes (128 MB card)
- Fine (320 x 240, 420 Kbps): 2 minutes (included 8 MB card), 17 minutes (64 MB card), 35 minutes (128 MB card)
- Normal (176 x 144, 300 Kbps): 2.5 minutes (included 8 MB card), 25 minutes (64 MB card), 50 minutes (128 MB card)
- Economy (176 x 144, 100 Kbps): 8 minutes (included 8 MB card), 70 minutes (64 MB card), 150 minutes (128 MB card)
The SVAV50 has a 1/3.2-inch CCD for a 2-megapixel resolution–capturing enough image data for print enlargements up to 8 x 10 inches. It features 1600 x 1200 (2 MP), 1280 x 960 (1 MP), and 640 x 480 (VGA–great for sending in e-mail) resolution modes. You can zoom in on subjects using the 2.5x digital zoom.
In addition to its motion and still image capability, the SVAV50 can also be used as a digital audio player–just slip in an SD card loaded with tunes and listen via the included earphones. It’s compatible with MP3 and AAC audio files. And with the built-in microphone (monaural), you can easily record voice memos, lectures, interviews, and reminders to the SD card.
- 2-inch flip-and-twist LCD with 117,000-pixel resolution
- Connects to your PC via USB 1.1 connectivity
- Lens: F4 (4.5mm focal length)
- Measures 4 x 1.94 x .81 inches (H x W x D)
- Weighs 3.7 ounces
What’s in the Box
This package includes the Panasonic SVAV50A digital camcorder, 8 MB SD memory card, USB cradle, battery pack, AC adaptor, stereo earphones with remote controller, USB and A/V cables, carrying case, cleaning clot, neck strap, and CD-ROM with USB drivers for Windows and the following Panasonic software (not Mac compatible):
- SD MovieStage Ver. 2.5 displays MPEG4 motion images and JPEG still images in thumbnail form and plays them back on a PC. You can also cut and edit motion images and send e-mail with motion images attached.
- SD Jukebox Ver. 4.0 Software transfers music from your SD memory card to your PC and allows you to rip CDs to your PC and convert music data to different PC music file formats. When ripping CDs, music information from the CD database (CDDB) is obtained automatically, including album title, artist and song title. You can also organize your songs by artist, title or personalized playlists. There is also a “Mood Analyzer” (Music Sommelier) that automatically selects songs to match your mood.