The Panasonic SD800 is a fairly compact camcorder capable of recording full 1080 HD. It offers OIS optical image stabilization, IA intelligent auto mode and a 3.0-inch flip-out LCD.
- Good 1080/60p video
- OIS and Intelligent Zoom work very well
- Intelligent Auto and menus are both user-friendly
- Larger screens expose some graininess/artifacts in video, especially in low light
- No lens ring, missing inputs (shoe, mic jack)
- Zoom mic function is poor
The Panasonic HDC-800 shoots good quality 1080/60p video, but is missing some features you would expect from an $849.99 camcorder.
Read Our Full Review: Panasonic HDC-SD800 Review