The Nikon D700 full-frame DSLR camera features a 12.1-megapixel Nikon FX-format sensor, 3″ TFT LCD screen, proprietary FX-format CMOS sensor, Nikon EXPEED image processing system, a 51-point auto focus system with 3D Focus Tracking and two Live View shooting modes.
- Exceptional high ISO performance
- Great image quality
- Solid construction
- All-around high performance
- Viewfinder only 95 percent
- Shorter shutter duty cycle
- AF times out a hair slower than the D3, but performs comparably in the real world
Overall, it's hard to say a $3000 camera is a bargain, but given the D700's level of performance at about 60 percent of the D3's cost, I'm betting Nikon sells a bunch of these things.
Read Our Full Review: Nikon D700 Review