The compact, lightweight HP Photosmart R707 makes taking dazzling photos easy. It offers a 5-megapixel resolution, 3x optical zoom, and new digital image processing technologies that will make it quite difficult to snap a bad picture. It also features a large 32 MB internal memory, compatibility with SD and MMC memory cards, movie mode with audio, manual controls, and a stylish brushed stainless steel body with an ergonomic grip for steady, one-handed shots.
|Advanced digital image processing balances brightness and preserves gentle contrasts while suppressing harsh contrast.|
Optics and Resolution
The Photosmart R707 has a 1/1.8-inch CCD with a 5.1-megapixel resolution (effective) for 2612 x 1968 pixel images. It also has a 1296 x 976 pixel low-resolution mode. The 3x optical zoom lens has an 8-24mm focal length (equivalent to 39-117mm in 35mm photography). It also has an 8x digital zoom to help you get even closer to the action.
Video and Audio
In addition to still imagery, the Photosmart R707 can also capture high-quality MPEG1 video with audio. It has a high-resolution video setting of 320 x 240 pixels and 30 frames per second. Movie length is only limited by the amount of storage you have on hand (either internal memory or external memory card). You can also capture voice notes of up to 60 seconds in length.
With HP’s Instant Share feature, printing and sharing photos with friends and family is quick and simple. You can select a destination–e-mail addresses, online albums, printers and more–on the back of the camera with a single push of a button. When connected to a PC (either via the included USB cable or via the optional dock), the selected images are automatically printed and/or e-mailed. E-mail recipients see thumbnails of the images right in the body of their e-mail message, as well as a link to the web page where they can view, print and save the photos.
|In-camera red-eye removal (above) and HP Image Advice (below).|
The R707 features HP’s exclusive Real Life digital image processing technologies (created in collaboration with Texas Instruments), including:
- HP Image Advice, which analyzes photos and then provides tips to users on how to adjust settings to improve future shots, thus helping the photographer learn to take better photos.
- HP In-Camera Red-Eye Removal, which instantly removes red-eye from photos right on the camera without using a PC–an industry first.
- HP In-Camera Panorama Preview, which allows consumers to take up to five pictures that are then combined into a panorama picture composition and reviewed in-camera.
- HP Adaptive Lighting, which automatically adjusts high-contrast photos to bring faces out of shadows and details out of backgrounds. This feature balances brightness relationships between bright and dark areas in a photo, preserving gentle contrasts while compressing harsh contrasts.
Other features include:
- 1.5-inch LCD with optical view finder
- Manual controls: EV compensation, image quality, white balance, ISO speed, AE metering, color, saturation, sharpness, contrast, AE bracketing
The optional HP R-series camera dock (C8887A) makes it easy to connect the Photosmart R707 to your computer for transferring, printing, and sharing of photos and videos. It also enables in-camera battery recharging (AC adapter and rechargeable batteries included) as well as a second battery with the additional charging bay. Run photo slideshows on your TV using the included remote control and A/V cable.
The Photosmart R707 offers PictBridge functionality, which enables you to transfer pictures from your digital camera to a compatible printer without a PC or image-editing software. Images can be viewed and selected for printing right on the camera’s LCD, with menus for print quantity, date, and index print.
Storage and Transfer
Images can be stored in the built-in 32 MB memory, or on optional Secure Digital (SD) or MultiMedia (MMC) memory cards. The internal 32 MB memory will store 12 Fine and 23 Standard 5.1-megapixel images. The R707 transfers images to PCs and Macs via a speedy USB 2.0 connection (which is backward compatible with USB 1.1 ports).
Power and Size
The camera is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery (included). It measures 3.78 x 2.36 x 1.38 inches (W x D x H) and weighs 6.4 ounces without battery and 7.2 ounces with battery installed.
What’s in the Box
This package includes the HP Photosmart R707 digital camera, rechargeable lithium-ion battery (model R07), AC adapter, 2 USB cables (1 for PC connection, 1 for connecting to printer), and printed instructions. The CD-ROM include HP Image Zone for Windows and Macintosh, HP Memories Disc Creator, ArcSoift Panorama Maker, and American Greetings Create and Print software. It’s backed by a 1-year limited warranty.
Buy Direct From Manufacturer
- HP D3500 Camera 36X Optical Zoom, 14MP, SD CardCase & HD Vide
QVC has a Hassle-Free, 30-Day Return Policy. See site for details.
Price: $229.96 Shipping: FreeFree Shipping
- HP Imaging Products Action Camera 2.4 LCD 1080P White
Over 50,000 items with Free Shipping!
Price: $152.32 $117.17 Shipping: $8.76SAVE 23%
- Flexshaft Motor Kit 1/4hp With 30 Hand Piece & Carrying Case
Buy it new & now! with eBay Buyer Protection
Price: $139.99 Shipping: FreeFree Shipping