Speed is mostly what sets the A340 apart from previous cameras. Slide the camera cover open and you’ll be ready to start taking photos in about three seconds. The camera also has a quick refresh between images–less than a second. Images come out of the A340 quickly, too, since it is compatible with the much-faster transfer speeds of USB 2.0 when uploading to computers that are likewise equipped.
Optics and Resolution
Featuring a 4-megapixel CCD sensor, the A340 can create images up to 2016 x 1512 pixels, which is enough information to create photo-quality prints up to 10 by 13 inches. The camera features a 3x Fujinon zoom lens. Also, the camera has a 1.7x digital zoom feature, but only when shooting in 2MP mode. To get those close-up shots full of detail, the A340’s macro mode can focus the camera on subjects just 3.6 inches from the lens.
Shoot up to one minute of AVI video without sound at resolutions up to 320 x 240 pixels. The movies aren’t camcorder quality, but they’re fun and convenient, and they’re perfect as e-mail attachments. The camera includes cables that allow you to view your movies on NTSC (North American) and PAL (other regions) televisions and, of course, you can upload the files to your computer via the camera’s USB interface.
- Flash mode: Auto, Red-eye Reduction, Forced Flash, Suppressed Flash, Slow Synchro, Red-eye Reduction + Slow Synchro
- 1.5-inch TFT display screen
- TTL center-point fixed autofocus
- Auto, manual, and pre-programmed exposure control
- Fast processing: 3.3-second bootup time (duration between turning the camera on and when it’s ready to start taking pictures) and a frame-to-frame time of 0.62 seconds.
- Ten-second self-timer
- Six-language menu interface
- Standard tripod socket
- Sliding lens cover
Storage and Transfer
Images and video are stored on xD memory cards (16MB included). Files can be downloaded to either a Mac or PC via USB connectivity, which means it can be connected to any USB-based Windows 98/Me/2000/XP and Mac OS 8.6 or later computer without installing any software. This camera can transfer images at a faster USB 2.0 rate to computers installed with a USB 2.0 card.
This camera is compatible with the PictBridge direct-printing standard. That means that it can connect and print directly to a number of printers by different manufacturers without additional software or even a computer. Learn more about PictBridge.
Power and Size
The camera is powered by two AA-size batteries (alkaline included, rechargeable NiMH recommended). It measures 4.09 by 2.42 by 1.23 inches and weighs 5.1 ounces without batteries and memory card.
What’s in the Box
Camera, 16MB xD-Picture Card, USB / Video out Cable, Wrist Strap, 2 AA Alkaline Batteries, Picture Cradle Adapter (Cradle Sold Separately), CD-ROM with FinePix Viewer ver. 4.2 and ImageMixer VCD 2 for FinePix, User Manual
Buy Direct From Manufacturer
- Fujifilm FinePix S9900W 50X Optical Zoom Digital Camera with 3.0 LCD (Black)
Price: $323.49 $219.95 Shipping: FreeSAVE 32%
- Fujifilm FinePix S6800 16 MP 30x Wide Angle Zoom Digital Camera - Red
Price: $349.99 $159.00 Shipping: FreeSAVE 54%
- Fujifilm FinePix XF-1 12MP Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom - Red
Price: $449.99 Shipping: FreeFree Shipping
- Fujifilm FinePix T550 16MP Digital Camera with 7.2x Optical Zoom - Red
Price: $159.99 Shipping: FreeFree Shipping
- Fujifilm FinePix T550 16MP Digital Camera with 7.2x Optical Zoom - Black
Price: $190.99 Shipping: FreeFree Shipping