Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for June 2008. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2008 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
June 2008 Topics
Digital Camera Articles for June of 2008
Below are the 62 Digital Camera articles for June of 2008
1. Round Up: Enough gimmicks, give me a camera! 6/1/2008
Anyone shopping for a new compact digital camera today is quickly overwhelmed with features most photographers couldn't even imagine ten yea
2. Casio Exilim EX-Z80 Review 6/2/2008
The 8.1 megapixel Casio Exilim EX-Z80 is the latest slim camera from Casio to offer a mostly conventional feature set in a handsome package
3. Most Popular Digital Cameras of May 2008 6/3/2008
There's a new sheriff in town: the Nikon Coolpix P80 deposed the current version of Panasonic's perpetually popular TZ camera for the top sp
4. Pentax DA 17-70mm f/4 SDM lens launched 6/3/2008
Pentax has announced a new high-grade consumer zoom lens today, the Pentax DA 17-70mm f/4 SDM.
5. Round Up: The Megapixel Cold War 6/4/2008
Is it possible that the compact camera megapixel wars have finally reached a fragile detente?
We have some exciting news for casual fans and loyal members of the TechnologyGuide family of sites: we have launched a brand new site, Desk
7. DCR Workshop: Shot Composition 101 6/4/2008
So you've mastered your camera's basics. What now? Some shot composition fundamentals can help take your pictures to the next level.
8. Epson announces $99 photo all-in-one 6/4/2008
In a press release yesterday, Epson unveiled the flagship model in a new line of all-in-one printers.
9. Fujifilm FinePix S1000fd First Thoughts 6/5/2008
The Fujifilm FinePix S1000fd is hoping that its claim as the world's smallest 10 megapixel camera with a 12x zoom is enough to grab some att
10. Nikon Capture NX 2 editing software launched 6/5/2008
Nikon made details about its latest photo editing and RAW conversion software, Capture NX 2, available to the public this week.
How does a traditional "brick-and-mortar" electronics store survive in a market that's come to be dominated by the internet? If data on the
A story on Reuters.com yesterday credits an Eye-Fi Wireless SD Card with helping to catch a pair of camera theives.
13. Alien Skin Image Doctor 2 Software Review 6/6/2008
Alien Skin's Image Doctor 2 is a set of five plug-in filters designed to speed up the process and improve results when taking on common imag
14. Round Up: Digital Square Dancing 6/7/2008
Even in the digital age, square-format photography is still alive and kicking.
Not sure what to get for dad? With Father's Day only a week away, it might be time to take a digital stroll over to our most recent Digital
16. Nikon Coolpix P80 First Thoughts 6/8/2008
There are a lot of good ultrazooms out there, but if initial impressions hold up, the Nikon Coolpix P80 looks like it can hang with the best
17. Olympus E-520 Review 6/9/2008
Has the Olympus E-520 found the secret recipe for cooking up the perfect all-around consumer DSLR?
18. Photosimile 5000 automates 3D product photography 6/9/2008
Information on this odd-looking device has been floating around for awhile now, but official word hit today that Ortery's Photosimile 5000 h
19. It's official: Canon Rebel XS announced 6/10/2008
Canon's latest entry-level DSLR - the 10.1 megapixel, live-view equipped Rebel XS - made its media debut this evening.
20. Canon unveils Speedlite 430EX II flash unit 6/10/2008
In conjunction with its Rebel XS release, Canon has unveiled the second generation of its Speedlite 430EX external flash unit - the Speedlit
21. Epson launches Stylus S20 for UK customers 6/10/2008
Epson UK announced the launch of a new budget-minded personal photo and document printer, the Epson Stylus S20, this afternoon.
22. Western Digital unleashes high-speed 1TB hard drive 6/10/2008
It's as if Western Digital had digital photographers in mind when they conceived of the new Caviar Black 7200 RPM hard drives.
23. Round Up: Mom and Pop take on the internet 6/11/2008
Local camera shops are going online, leaving those of us with fond memories of our favorite local stores to wonder what's lost and what's ga
24. Sony developing back-illuminated sensor 6/11/2008
Take everything you know about digital camera sensors and turn it around. That's what Sony is doing in developing a new 5 megapixel CMOS ima
25. Nikon Coolpix P80 firmware updated 6/11/2008
Nikon has published a firmware update for its Coolpix P80 ultrazoom.
26. New Nikon full-frame DSLR images leaked? 6/11/2008
This one's stretching the limits of plausibility, but stranger things have happened: images of an alleged mid-level, full-frame DSLR - the N
27. Mountainsmith Sideline II Camera Bag Review 6/12/2008
Mountainsmith's new DSLR gear hauler walks away with the award for ruggedness in our bag review torture tests.
Olympus has added a new firmware version for its E-3 professional DSLR to its international support site.
29. Sigma DP1 Firmware Update v1.03 6/12/2008
Version 1.03 of the Sigma DP1 firmware adds an ISO 50 capability and display icons while in Grid Display mode.
30. Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Review 6/13/2008
If you're looking to move into a DSLR and aren't wedded to any particular brand, there's a lot to like about the Sony Alpha DSLR-A200.
31. Kodak EasyShare Z1012 IS First Thoughts 6/14/2008
The Kodak EasyShare Z1012 IS packs a long zoom, plenty of resolution, and SLR-like styling. So what's not to like?
32. Round Up: The work of a lifetime 6/15/2008
Some photographers are on a quest for the perfect shot. Others of us would be happy just to find the perfect camera bag.
33. Pentax K20D firmware version 1.01 launched 6/16/2008
Pentax has updated the firmware for its K20D semi-pro DSLR.
PowerShot. Cyber-shot. This month's Head to Head comparison pairs two heavyweights of the lightweight camera world.
35. LaCie launches tiny 1TB drive 6/17/2008
LaCie has announced the launch of its latest Little Big Drive portable storage solution, the 1TB Little Big Drive Quadra.
36. Fujifilm FinePix S1000fd Review 6/17/2008
With its 12x zoom, the Fujifilm FinePix S1000fd is almost small enough to qualify as a "pocket ultrazoom." Unfortunately, this tiny camera s
37. Eye-Fi rolls out two new wireless SD cards 6/17/2008
Eye-Fi, maker of the noted Eye-Fi Wireless SD Card, has added two new products to its lineup.
38. Western Digital spins 1TB and 2TB backup solutions 6/18/2008
Not to be outdone by other recent high-capacity storage system announcements, Western Digital has released 1TB and 2TB versions of its My Bo
39. HP display promises breakthrough in color control 6/18/2008
There was little of direct interest to photographers on display at HP's "Connecting Your World" event in Berlin last week, but a new LCD may
40. New Fujifilm CFs to offer 310x transfer speeds 6/18/2008
In a press release from its U.K. division, Fujifilm has announced the launch of a full line of ultra-fast CompactFlash cards.
41. Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS USM Lens Field Test 6/19/2008
We get a first look at one of the most highly anticipated pro lenses of the year, the impressive and imposing Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS USM.
42. New pro-grade Sony flash coming in September 6/19/2008
In anticipation of its forthcoming full-frame professional DSLR, Sony has announced specs on a new high-end flash unit, the Sony HVL-F58AM.
43. NBR publishes summer travel guide 6/19/2008
The folks at our sister site, NotebookReview.com, have published a guide with some great accessories for traveling with portable electronics
44. Canon PowerShot SD770 IS Review 6/20/2008
Canon's classic box and circle takes another trip around the block in the snap-happy Canon PowerShot SD770 IS.
45. Color-managed photos supported in Firefox 3 6/20/2008
The latest version of Mozilla's popular browser adds color management tools for accurately viewing web images with embedded ICC profiles.
46. Pentax printing division sold to Brother 6/22/2008
Pentax's new parent company, HOYA Corp., has decided to divest the brand of its mobile printing division.
47. Round Up: Finally, I get it! 6/22/2008
Consumer DSLRs have threatened to make ultrazooms obsolete for years, but before you write them off maybe it's time to give long-zoom camera
48. Kodak EasyShare Z1012 IS Review 6/23/2008
There's a lot to like about the Kodak EasyShare Z1012 IS, but do too many quirks get in the way of what the Z1012 does well?
Two unique photo-related sites earned spots on Time.com's list of Top 50 Best Websites 2008.
50. Panasonic updates Lumix TZ4/TZ5 firmware 6/24/2008
Panasonic has provided a firmware update for its Lumix TZ4 and Lumix TZ5 cameras.
51. DealWatch - June 24, 2008 6/24/2008
DigitalCameraReview.com brings you the hottest camera deals of the week from the coolest brick-and-mortar retailers.
52. Nikon Capture NX 2 software available for purchase 6/24/2008
According to an announcement this week, retail versions of Nikon's Capture NX 2 image editing software are now available from authorized Nik
53. Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ50 Review 6/25/2008
Panasonic's wireless wonder, the Lumix DMC-TZ50, combines TZ5 performance with the unique ability to transfer images straight from the camer
54. A-DATA unveils new "world's fastest" 350x CF 6/25/2008
Coming on the heels of Fujifilm's announcement of the world's fastest CF card, A-DATA has deposed the previous record holder in short succes
55. OWC launches high-capacity 7200 RPM external drives 6/25/2008
Traveling photographers take note: Other World Computing (OWC) has launched what is the "highest capacity 7200 RPM portable bus-powered stor
56. Zeiss unveils Distagon T* 18mm f/3.5 6/26/2008
Lens manufacturer Zeiss has launched its latest premium offering for K- and F-mount SLRs, the Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 3.5/18.
57. Western Digital Passport Essential Hard Drive Review 6/26/2008
Looking for a simple, portable photo backup solution? The compact and colorful Western Digital My Passport Essential is definitely worth tak
NewerTech has launched an external storage solution sporting mirrored 300 GB, 10,000 RPM Western Digital VelociRaptor drives - the Guardian
59. Editor's Choice, June 2008: Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 6/27/2008
With it's compact size and low price, Sony's A200 is the entry-level DSLR that makes expensive compacts hard to justify - making it our Edit
60. Adobe Camera Raw 4.5 beta now available 6/27/2008
Adobe has made a candidate version of its latest Camera Raw plug-in for Photoshop available via the Adobe Labs website.
61. Round Up: Travels with Art 6/28/2008
Reflections on shooting Yosemite with renowned travel/nature photographer and Travels to the Edge host Art Wolfe.
62. Nikon Coolpix P80 Review 6/29/2008
The Nikon Coolpix P80 establishes itself as a basically sound ultrazoom - if not the runaway champion in its class that we'd initially hoped
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2014, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement